Member of CSS
R.O.B.E.R.T. J.I.A.
REDMOND WA USA

回复  畅哥

多谢!
假师爷 发表于 2014-10-23 11:07

客气了,好事一定要积极出力
地址:518057  广东省深圳市南山区科苑路15号科兴科学园C2栋10层   
林业畅  手机:13600144606  QQ:707078833  E-mail:466744634@qq.com   中国邮史研究会1051号会员   2058年6月10日20时参加孤本《集邮文献撷英》试刊1一3期合订本拍卖

With the strong effort of everyone in this Forum.
I think it will be a succesful one.
中国邮史研究会第170号会员- 侯鸿洲联系地址 : Block 112, Bedok Reservoir Road, #06-266, Singapore 470112. 博客:華洋郵務, http://blog.sina.com.cn/imperialphilatelic  

回复  假师爷

师爷,非常好,这海外版名字好听。

我希望这海外版还将成为华邮集邮者学习集邮英文的好 ...
williamzhang 发表于 2014-10-23 05:08

才发现受表扬了 ,原来老张有所不知,我的英文实在马马虎虎,更无法和你这黄香蕉相比,不过我的汉语还不错,特别是来新西兰后,更是努力学习汉语,以便成为“外国人”中汉语说得最好,总算可以鹤立鸡群,也有个可以骄傲的地方
李鑫:  高价收购凡带有1941年12月香港邮戳的任何国家的实寄封和明信片等邮品。

回复 64# hart

老李,老张一点也没有过奖你。你的中英文都很棒,你的邮史和邮识很丰富,这些都是大家有目共睹。最难得是你很乐意,很热心帮助别人,能把自己的经验和学问不吝传授给别人。

老张跟你已很熟,说老实话,我很积极帮麦会开设英文版,有我的私心杂念呵。我退休后我发现我的英文退步很多,因为我每天在家说的是中文,出家门大多数朋友又都是说普通话的;看的是中文电视和中文报纸,上网又是华邮网;买菜上餐馆又是去中国街。照这样下去我的英文不忘记很多那才怪呵。以后我每天都会上《海外版》看看,也张贴一些英文贴子,这样我的英文也不会全忘了。

老李,我记得肖先生看过你的贴子关于你在国内当翻译时的笑话,夸你头脑很机敏,我完全同意。你办事既细心又认真,这可以从你给我很多回贴中可以看到, 这海外版很需要你这样的人才呵。
William Zhang
PO Box 600722
Newtonville, MA 02460
USA
Member of CSS

回复 65# williamzhang

人才绝对不敢当,我是没才(菜),干进酒。

恭賀英文版成立!!!
黄坤育  
10099 P.O. BOX 5-102 Taipei Taiwan
kyhuang(a)stamp2go.com
(a)为@请自行修改.
http://www.stamp2go.com
東雅網拍

恭賀英文版成立!!!
kyhuang 发表于 2014-10-25 08:04

多谢,还请您多多分享并指点。
中国邮史研究会1239号会员
Member of CSS
R.O.B.E.R.T. J.I.A.
REDMOND WA USA

Congratulations!
原账号密码找到,此号暂不用:)

恭賀英文版成立!!!
地址:650118 云南省昆明市五华区茭菱路420号2栋2单元502 王华 13518731074

邮政储蓄:62179973 00023 880 324

About the english name of this forum, a little suggestion:

Maybe ' Chinese stamps and postal history forum' ('China' to ’Chinese', 'stamp to stamps'.) would be more formal.

I know people(including myself) use to say 'China stamps' more than ‘Chinese stamps'

Have FUN!!!!!

回复 71# ChinaPhilately

Thanks for your suggestion.
When I was considering the forum name, I also debated about "Chinese Stamps" or "China Stamp".
I see "China Stamp Society" is using "China Stamp",
On the Ebay, it returns lots more results when searching "China Stamp(s)" rather than "Chinese Stamp(s)", so there are more people using "China Stamp" even it may not perfect.
That's why I choose the name as "China Stamp..."

I will send email to some native collectors and ask their opinion.

Thanks again!
中国邮史研究会1239号会员
Member of CSS
R.O.B.E.R.T. J.I.A.
REDMOND WA USA

本帖最后由 hart 于 2014-10-26 14:32 编辑
回复  ChinaPhilately

Thanks for your suggestion.
When I was considering the forum name, I also  ...
假师爷 发表于 2014-10-26 01:24

I agree to you with CHINA STAMP FORUM, but I believe that it is unnecessary to consutant with English speaking people, because this is a grammar thing, as a foreige language we usually know the English grammar better than them unless they are English Language Tutor.

CHINA  is more formal, and shoud be STAMP here instead of STAMPS because the STAMP here is an adjective to the FORUM,  it is not good to use a plural as an adjective.

This is my personnel suggestion.

本帖最后由 hart 于 2014-10-26 04:47 编辑

回复 72# 假师爷

sorry   not realise your English name already here

本帖最后由 ChinaPhilately 于 2014-10-26 04:32 编辑

回复 72# 假师爷

Hi Robert,

You are very welcome. Nice to get the reply from you.  I totally agree with you, especially on EBay, searching China stamps definitely will get more results. Just because sometimes I got confused myself when I talked to some local dealers. I used to say China stamps everywhere. But when some dealers said chinese stamps, I would suddenly realize that 'oh, maybe they are right, my english speaking habit is wrong'.  But they all knew what I meant. It doesn't matter at all. That's why I just posted a little suggestion here. Also for 'postal history', I remember people like to say ' Chinese postal history' or ' Postal history of China'.  About this saying 'China....',  Maybe some very old habits cause it.  Like in old days, being called 'China town' 'China man'. But in my mind, I don't really feel that is right or comfortable, even feel a little disrespect.  But I know for now that is only a old habit, doesn't mean anything at all.  Please do forgive me if I said anything wrong or not suitable.     Have a nice day.

Best regards
Ron

本帖最后由 hart 于 2014-10-26 05:06 编辑

回复 75# ChinaPhilately

Hi  Ron

Enjoy your words, the China Town and Chinaman are different, China Town is the word we ( both foreigners and Chinese) have accepted, but "Chinaman" is the word which Whiteman used to call Chinese at the begging because of some reasons, these whiteman enen didn't look at the Chinese when he talked to him, only called Chinaman, to show their looking down on them,"disrespect" as you say. people are trying not to use this word, but unfortuenally ----------------some "special persons" still use it in some "special situations". I like to call them persons not people.

You are a helpful guy, and  welcome to this Forum.

回复 76# hart

Hi Mr. Li,

Good afternoon to you.

Thank you very much for the information. I am just trying to share my experience.  You are right. I really don't like the person who does not show respect to others as well, especially using those kinds of words.  Sometimes in public when I overheared people talked about Chinese or China, I would try to hear more about what they were saying (maybe not right behavior ) .  In most situation, they were justing talking about some news or food stuff.   But I remember one time before Christmas, my wife and I were waiting in the postoffice to send a parcel. An old lady showed up and stood right in front of us without queuing. We felt very strange and just wanted to say something to her. A post office staff(a very kind young lady) found out this and asked her to wait in the queue.  The old lady got very angry and said to the young lady 'Why you let me wait after chinese, I am british. You should not work here, you should work in the postoffice in China'. And the yound lady said to her ' I will not work for you, you cannot send anything in this postoffice. Please go to other place to send your parcel!'  My wife and I were deeply affected. What a nice lady.  After sending our parcel, we went to the nearest card shop, bought a biggest 'Thank you card' , wrote down our grateful words and feeling, and gave it to the young lady. We didn't want to bother her too much and left the postoffice without many words, but in our mind she is very very nice person we will never forget.  That is my little story of disrespect and respect.

Thank you very much for your welcome and very nice to talk to you~~~~~~~~

Best regards
Ron

本帖最后由 hart 于 2014-10-26 14:34 编辑
回复  hart

Hi Mr. Li,

Good afternoon to you.

Thank you very much for the information. I  ...
ChinaPhilately 发表于 2014-10-26 05:52

Hi Ron

You and your wife were well done, and also should tell the British woman " you are a bloody idiot!"

Regards

Hart

回复 78# hart

Hi Hart,

Thank you very much for your compliment. I think everyone would do the same for the young lady, even better.  About the old lady, it happened too fast, she walked away very quickly and silently.  I didn't even have any chance to talk to her.  And she was about 70s or 80s years old, I couldn't do the samething to her, also she already got her lesson

Best regards
Ron

我来报到学习
牛大力(专集三水戳)
地址:广东省佛山市三水区大塘永平乡
电话:13902888888

返回列表