返回列表 发帖

红印花大四分销罗星塔大圆戳?

请问这是罗星塔的大圆戳吗?因为不是全戳,所以只能根据不清楚的汉字猜测。望高手指点!
另外,1897年7月算较早使用日期吗?有说法说红印花销罗星塔大圆戳很罕见,是这样吗?大约值多少钱?

多谢高手指点!
罗星塔.png
2017-6-16 04:51

我和Jeffrey Schneider(InterAsia 老板)关于此票与戳的通信如下。供各位参考:

"From: Jeffrey Schneider [mailto:jschneider@interasia-auctions.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 8:15 PM
To: Wallace Wei <xw278@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Rare stamp for consignment

Hello Wallace,

My apologies – I was in a rush and did not look at the scans properly. Of course, it is obviously the dollar dater and one of the scarcer ones.

While it is an early date for the dollar dater, there are various earlier dates for the dollar dater on Red Revenue stamps from cities such as Amoy, Canton, Chinkiang (on complete cover bearing large figures 2c. on 3c.), Foochow (on complete wrapper bearing 1c. on 3c.), Ichang (on complete cover bearing large figures 2c. on 3c.), Kiukiang (on complete cover bearing small figures 2c. on 3c.), Nanking (on complete cover bearing small figures 2c. on 3c.), Peking, Shanghai, Wuhu, etc.

In reference to the Pagoda Anchorage dollar dater on the large figures 4c. on 3c., I recall that there was an example in the Dr. Danny C. Ko and Ding Jin Song collections. I don’t keep a data base of these, so I cannot say offhand how many other, if any, examples there might be, or if yours is the earliest date cancelling a Red Revenue stamp (it quite possibly is). Incidentally, there is only one cover recorded bearing a Red Revenue stamp (1c. on 3c.) cancelled by the Pagoda Anchorage dollar dater

In summary, you have a fine and desirable cancellation on an elusive value.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 10:16 PM
To: Jeffrey Schneider
Subject: RE: Rare stamp for consignment

Jeffery,

Also see the partial letter “E” in the lower left corner of the image that you sent to you. That is “E” in “ANCHORAGE”.  In the later used bilingual C.D.S, “Pagoda Anch” was used instead of “Pagoda Anchorage”, because of the smaller circle of the cancel.

Thanks,
Wallace

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:09 AM
To: 'Jeffrey Schneider' <jschneider@interasia-auctions.com>
Subject: RE: Rare stamp for consignment

Hi Jeffery,

Please be noted this is the dollar dater cancel. The bilingual dater was first used in 1899 and does not show a lunar date. This cancel clearly shows the lunar date, and Gregorian calendar date can be inferred to be 7/31/1897. The lunar date in is (光绪) 廿三年七月初二. The Chinese Characters “廿三年七月初二” were quite easily recognized/legible.

So this is the Dollar dater’s early usage on red revenue. Actually, I have never seen a Pagoda Anchorage cancel on a 4c. on 3c, not even to mention such an early date.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Wallace

From: Jeffrey Schneider [mailto:jschneider@interasia-auctions.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 11:24 PM
To: Wallace Wei <xw278@cornell.edu>
Subject: Fw: Rare stamp for consignment

Hello Wallace,

The Pagoda Anchorage bilingual c.d.s. on the Red Revenue large figures surcharge 4c. on 3c. does give it some premium over the normal pakua or other cancellations. Being of a later type, this c.d.s. is not as sought after as, say, the rarer dollar daters.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 11:44 PM
To: Wallace Wei
Subject: Re: Rare stamp for consignment

Hello Wallace,

Thank you for the interesting scan.

At the moment, I am in transit to Hong Kong, and, once I am back in Hong Kong, I will have a closer look.

I'll get back to you on it when I am in the office on Monday.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Jun 2017, at 5:39 PM, Wallace Wei <xw278@cornell.edu> wrote:
Hi Jeffery,

I am organizing my stuff and found this interesting cancel (see attachment). It seems to be Pagoda Anchorage Dollar Dater cancel and it is an early one. Would be you able to confirm that? If it is, it is very uncommon.

Would you be interested?

Best,
Wallace"

返回列表