返回列表 发帖
Congratulations!
原账号密码找到,此号暂不用:)

About the english name of this forum, a little suggestion:

Maybe ' Chinese stamps and postal history forum' ('China' to ’Chinese', 'stamp to stamps'.) would be more formal.

I know people(including myself) use to say 'China stamps' more than ‘Chinese stamps'

Have FUN!!!!!

本帖最后由 ChinaPhilately 于 2014-10-26 04:32 编辑

回复 72# 假师爷

Hi Robert,

You are very welcome. Nice to get the reply from you.  I totally agree with you, especially on EBay, searching China stamps definitely will get more results. Just because sometimes I got confused myself when I talked to some local dealers. I used to say China stamps everywhere. But when some dealers said chinese stamps, I would suddenly realize that 'oh, maybe they are right, my english speaking habit is wrong'.  But they all knew what I meant. It doesn't matter at all. That's why I just posted a little suggestion here. Also for 'postal history', I remember people like to say ' Chinese postal history' or ' Postal history of China'.  About this saying 'China....',  Maybe some very old habits cause it.  Like in old days, being called 'China town' 'China man'. But in my mind, I don't really feel that is right or comfortable, even feel a little disrespect.  But I know for now that is only a old habit, doesn't mean anything at all.  Please do forgive me if I said anything wrong or not suitable.     Have a nice day.

Best regards
Ron

回复 76# hart

Hi Mr. Li,

Good afternoon to you.

Thank you very much for the information. I am just trying to share my experience.  You are right. I really don't like the person who does not show respect to others as well, especially using those kinds of words.  Sometimes in public when I overheared people talked about Chinese or China, I would try to hear more about what they were saying (maybe not right behavior ) .  In most situation, they were justing talking about some news or food stuff.   But I remember one time before Christmas, my wife and I were waiting in the postoffice to send a parcel. An old lady showed up and stood right in front of us without queuing. We felt very strange and just wanted to say something to her. A post office staff(a very kind young lady) found out this and asked her to wait in the queue.  The old lady got very angry and said to the young lady 'Why you let me wait after chinese, I am british. You should not work here, you should work in the postoffice in China'. And the yound lady said to her ' I will not work for you, you cannot send anything in this postoffice. Please go to other place to send your parcel!'  My wife and I were deeply affected. What a nice lady.  After sending our parcel, we went to the nearest card shop, bought a biggest 'Thank you card' , wrote down our grateful words and feeling, and gave it to the young lady. We didn't want to bother her too much and left the postoffice without many words, but in our mind she is very very nice person we will never forget.  That is my little story of disrespect and respect.

Thank you very much for your welcome and very nice to talk to you~~~~~~~~

Best regards
Ron

回复 78# hart

Hi Hart,

Thank you very much for your compliment. I think everyone would do the same for the young lady, even better.  About the old lady, it happened too fast, she walked away very quickly and silently.  I didn't even have any chance to talk to her.  And she was about 70s or 80s years old, I couldn't do the samething to her, also she already got her lesson

Best regards
Ron

回复 82# 假师爷

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information. I was pretty the same as you. I was always asking for 'China stamps' in any show. Later, I changed to 'any China?' or 'any Chinese stamps? But I do think both are fine, just ways of our expression.   Acturally, everyone understands us before we say anything.

Summer time has ended in UK today.  Winter is coming..., but it will never be cold here

Best regards
Ron

Maybe another name, any ideas?

--China Philatelic Forum--        or       --Chinese Philatelic Forum--

Maybe look simple?

Please forgive me for so many troubles.

本帖最后由 ChinaPhilately 于 2014-10-26 19:51 编辑

回复 86# hart

Hi Hart,

Thank you very much for the reply.  You are a good man and very serious. Highly respectable.

When I went to fairs, I usually asked 'Any China?', which might mean ' Do you have any stamps in China area'. Some dealers would say ' I only collect GB'. That means british stamps only.

So I think   'Any China?'  = ‘ Do you have any stamps in China area?'     'Any Chinese stamps?'  = ' Do you have any Chinese stamps?'  But this is my own opinion.

About stamp or stamps,   I agree with you at some point, People do say 'stamp forum' or 'stamp collecting'.  In these cases, 'stamp' is a general term which means whole stamps.  But if mentioning any area, I prefer to say 'stamps',  ' China/Chinese stamps forum' but that does not mean 'China/Chinese stamp forum' is not right. Just my personal opinion, I might be wrong about this.

Best regards
Ron

回复 89# hart

李先生莫怪,其实都是我有点乱说了,怎么都可以的,而且李先生说的都很对,我其实也非常同意李先生的观点。名字什么的根本不重要,论坛能有李先生这样热心的人才是真正最重要的

回复 92# hart

李先生说的完全同意,其实老外的词法也都乱乱的,用法越到现代越随意了,很多东西都不如过去扎实,向李先生学习。

回复 96# hart

应该请阮先生把他珍藏的味美甘甜的冬枣拿出来给大家分享一下,实在太馋人了

返回列表