返回列表 发帖
回复 79# ChinaPhilately

李鑫:  高价收购凡带有1941年12月香港邮戳的任何国家的实寄封和明信片等邮品。

回复 75# ChinaPhilately

I like to come here since everyone can express their opinion freely. We are all learning from each other. Thanks for your suggestion.
After I check more web sites, I find following information:
     In Linn's Stamp News web site, it shows following columns:
          U.S. Stamps and Postal History
          International Stamps and Postal History

So it seems at least we should use Stamps rather than Stamp.

You see, now it is not only talking about stamps, we are also learning English

Most time we just use the term we are using daily and never think which one is correct. For example, when I went to the stamp show, I always asked "Do you have China stamps?", or just asked "China?", I never ask "Chinese stamps".
中国邮史研究会1239号会员
Member of CSS
R.O.B.E.R.T. J.I.A.
REDMOND WA USA

本帖最后由 hart 于 2014-10-26 17:28 编辑

回复 82# 假师爷

师爷,恕我直言:

STAMPS & POSTAL HISTORY  中的STAMPS 和 STAMP & POSTAL HISTORY FORUM 中的 STAMP 是一样的,但STAMP FORUM 中的STAMP是作为形容词来修饰FORUM,换言之是FORUM的定语,不可用复数。

我举个我身边的列子,我的MOTEL 有两睡房套间,TWO BEDROOM UNIT, 绝对不可说: TWO BEDROOMS UNIT.

想想你的房子是FOUR BEDROOM HOUSE( APARTMENT) 还是FOUR BEDROOMS HOUSE, 这些常见的身边的东西比较规范,大家都这么说。

STAMP FORUM INCLUDS A LOT OF KINDS OF STAMPS,  TWO BEDROOM UNIT HAS TWO BEDROOMS. FOUR BEDROOM HOUSE HAS FOUR BEDROOMS.

我提过,这个事情很多说英语的人也搞不清以致或说错,因为他们懂说英语,并不懂语法,就像我们很多老百姓的话上不了厅堂。除非他们正统学过语法。

这是我个人的看法,供参考。

回复 82# 假师爷

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information. I was pretty the same as you. I was always asking for 'China stamps' in any show. Later, I changed to 'any China?' or 'any Chinese stamps? But I do think both are fine, just ways of our expression.   Acturally, everyone understands us before we say anything.

Summer time has ended in UK today.  Winter is coming..., but it will never be cold here

Best regards
Ron
原账号密码找到,此号暂不用:)

Maybe another name, any ideas?

--China Philatelic Forum--        or       --Chinese Philatelic Forum--

Maybe look simple?

Please forgive me for so many troubles.

回复 84# ChinaPhilately

Hi Ron

You are sbsolutely right, brcause stamp is a countable noun,when you mean any stamps,you must say stamps unless you want to buy a specific stamp. When you want to buy a specific one, and seller understands which one,you will say; 'I want to buy  the stamp',please pay attention to 'the' before the word 'stamp' for the specific. When you say; 'any chinese?', this is oral labguage,means 'any Chinese stamps?'  the word 'stamps is ommitted because you and seller mutually understand what it means.

In all the examples above, stamp or stamps work as a noun, but in stamp forum, stamp works as a adjective, never use plural  in this situation.

regards

hart

本帖最后由 ChinaPhilately 于 2014-10-26 19:51 编辑

回复 86# hart

Hi Hart,

Thank you very much for the reply.  You are a good man and very serious. Highly respectable.

When I went to fairs, I usually asked 'Any China?', which might mean ' Do you have any stamps in China area'. Some dealers would say ' I only collect GB'. That means british stamps only.

So I think   'Any China?'  = ‘ Do you have any stamps in China area?'     'Any Chinese stamps?'  = ' Do you have any Chinese stamps?'  But this is my own opinion.

About stamp or stamps,   I agree with you at some point, People do say 'stamp forum' or 'stamp collecting'.  In these cases, 'stamp' is a general term which means whole stamps.  But if mentioning any area, I prefer to say 'stamps',  ' China/Chinese stamps forum' but that does not mean 'China/Chinese stamp forum' is not right. Just my personal opinion, I might be wrong about this.

Best regards
Ron

平时偶尔会去“wikibooks”查找东西,里面有关中国集邮类的翻译条目,不知对于华邮网的英文版(海外版)版块设置有没有参考作用。

1.jpg
2.jpg

PS:我的英文水平有限,大多靠翻译软件和自己琢磨,设置了海外版,可以向大家多学习并恶补集邮与英语了。
主集自动化邮品,最爱PB。
E-mail:xiaoyouzi2004@126.com

受不了,崩溃了

回复 89# hart

李先生莫怪,其实都是我有点乱说了,怎么都可以的,而且李先生说的都很对,我其实也非常同意李先生的观点。名字什么的根本不重要,论坛能有李先生这样热心的人才是真正最重要的

回复 82# 假师爷
师爷,很高兴看到大家在此讨论英文,我也有一个问题,请看下面香港Interasia 11月3本拍卖目录封面上的标题:

1.  Stamps and Postal History
    China and other Asian Countries

2.  Stamps and Postal History
    Hong Kong and Treaty Ports

3.  The Stamps and Postal History of
    The People's Republic of China and Liberated Areas

这3本目录应该说内容很相似,但为何第3本前面有冠词“The”,而第1本和第2本却没有呢?是因为第3本的地区太小了吗?
William Zhang
PO Box 600722
Newtonville, MA 02460
USA
Member of CSS

本帖最后由 hart 于 2014-10-27 10:01 编辑

STAMP 这个单词是一个可数名词。
在凡凡所指时,一定要用复数,即STAMPS,在特定所指时,可以用复数表示多于一枚邮票或用单数表示特指一枚邮票,此时在STAMPS或STAMP之前一定要加定冠词THE,以表是“这些邮票,那些邮票”或“这个邮票”或“那个邮票”。

楼上第3列中特指新中国和解放区的邮票,一定要加THE因为OF把上下两句话连成一句话,严格的翻译是{新中国和解放区的邮票和邮史},而第一列和第二列都是两句话,严格翻译是:邮票和邮史--中国和亚洲其他国家部分, 邮票和邮史--香港部分。
STAMP这个单词在用做修饰其他名词时,是被当作形容词,作定语用,一定要用单数,不可用复数STAMPS. STAMP FORUM 中的STAMP绝对不可用STAMPS,口语可以这么说,但书面语不可。只有一种情况:在专指一些邮票的论坛时,要有定冠词THE并在复数后加一点表示所属STAMPS',比如:THE BEIJING STAMPS' FORUM专指这些北京邮票的论坛,和BEIJING STAMP FORUM (北京邮票论坛)意思不同。。

希望各位好好读读我前面的帖子,这不是我的感觉和经验,是语法书上说的。

同时忠劝一些在国外学英语的朋友,找一本中文语法书,因为您学的很多是口语,而洋人在小学的语文课,您们没有读到。说句大话,我在30年前,可以把薄冰先生的语法书倒背如流。

崩溃了,脑子缺氧,胡言乱语,请不要见怪。

回复 92# hart

老李的解释很清楚,很好,学习了,谢谢!
William Zhang
PO Box 600722
Newtonville, MA 02460
USA
Member of CSS

我已经服了老李了,这么多年,语法还没有忘,看来原来一定是个好学生,下过苦功夫。

我其实对邮票中的许多术语也是不懂的,这下好了,有老李这位英语老师来教,以后可以有所提高。
咱们这个论坛,不仅要吸引外国邮友来,还要帮助中国邮友提高英语水平,走出去。包括像我这样原来英语没学好就出来混的,也要好好改造学习。
中国邮史研究会1239号会员
Member of CSS
R.O.B.E.R.T. J.I.A.
REDMOND WA USA

回复 83# hart

您说得对,谢谢!
中国邮史研究会1239号会员
Member of CSS
R.O.B.E.R.T. J.I.A.
REDMOND WA USA

真正的大师是阮兄,他几天前非常准确地用了一个虚拟语完成式,当时一下子把我绕进去,后来我回忆分析了好久,才明白他的意思。

回复 92# hart

李先生说的完全同意,其实老外的词法也都乱乱的,用法越到现代越随意了,很多东西都不如过去扎实,向李先生学习。

回复 96# hart

应该请阮先生把他珍藏的味美甘甜的冬枣拿出来给大家分享一下,实在太馋人了

自摸是自摸者的墓志铭,
截胡是截胡者的通行证。
阮秀佑
重庆市北部新区锦橙路22号水晶郦城四组团4栋10楼6号

要常来此版补学英文了
地址:518057  广东省深圳市南山区科苑路15号科兴科学园C2栋10层   
林业畅  手机:13600144606  QQ:707078833  E-mail:466744634@qq.com   中国邮史研究会1051号会员   2058年6月10日20时参加孤本《集邮文献撷英》试刊1一3期合订本拍卖

返回列表