返回列表 发帖
回复 29# williamzhang

Well, sadly to say there is no shortage of eBay sellers offering "fake" stuff and make no mention of "replica" or "copy".

Found this one on eBay today from a new seller (name withhold, new seller since Oct 2017) from 九江市, China, offering a whole bunch of Dowager "inverted" surcharge stamps.

I am not an expert on Dowager but looks pretty "fake" to a beginner like me, would like to hear your comment:

Fake Inverter Dowager 4C.jpg

回复 32# williamzhang

Thank you for your feedback. I suspect this seller has his own printing shop in the basement .........just need to buy Blank perforated sheet  - imagination is the limit......I must say it was a pretty real looking Red Revenue Small $1 surcharge.

I've also seen different seller (unfortunately from China as well) selling small dragon black proofs, complete set of small dragon with fake watermark (yes, watermarks, looks like from a stamp or stencil with color ink? Asking too much otherwise I would buy a set to study them), small figure and large figure surcharges, inverted surcharges, Formosa and inverted overprint (in black and red) in Chinese and English. I will post it next time when seller lists them again (was on eBay last week).

回复 29# williamzhang

Here is another eBay seller from China selling fake stuff:
In order to save "production" cost, all stamps were printed on the same strip:

Fake Dowager 2.jpg

RR Fake.jpg

Go to eBay and search for item 152776447612 you can find this seller's information.

I guess one can "order" any stamp in any sequence and get it printed on the same strip. I am not surprised people selling fake stuff, but surprised mow many people bid and bought it.

返回列表