返回列表 发帖
本帖最后由 hart 于 2015-2-28 14:31 编辑

The title here "Rare China Dragon Stamps to be Sold on Apr Auction in Hong Kong " is not correct, it should be titled: "Rare China Dragon Stamps to be for sale on Apr Auction in Hong Kong", they are different meanings.
李鑫:  高价收购凡带有1941年12月香港邮戳的任何国家的实寄封和明信片等邮品。

Thank you, William.

I would like to talk about what I understand.

If we say something is to be sold in Auction, only in one situation, the seller is very, very keen to sell, then he dosn't set a reserve price on the auction or set a very low reserve, this means he has to sell it, and everyboday know that this item will be abosolutely sold out at this price. And then auctioneer will advise it in this way " this  one must be sold!!!" to attract people, here "to be sold "is much more confirmed than "must be sold" because "the item "must be sold" maybe is not sold , but "to be sold " means it is going.

Usually we don't like to say " to be sold" before the thing is sold, we like to say it is for sale or it is on market, but" To be sold " is not incorrect.

Rare China Dragon Stamps to be Sold on Apr Auction in Hong Kong means:这些罕见的大龙票将在香港4月的拍卖上被卖掉。Rare China Dragon Stamps to be for sale on Apr Auction in Hong Kong means: 这些罕见的大龙票将于4月在香港拍卖。

Rare China Dragon Stamps to be auctioned in April in Hong Kong

本帖最后由 williamzhang 于 2015-3-3 10:05 编辑

I believe it is a good way to say Rare China Dragon Stamps to be auctioned in April in Hong Kong .

回复  hart
I just got an auction catalogue from Kelleher & Rogers.  There will be an acution from  ...
williamzhang 发表于 2015-5-1 07:21

good things take money

返回列表